Today my project team is coming over for our team meeting to share and discuss our individual processes with our chosen co-creative projects for school. I love being part of a team, any team really. First when I was young and in school, I would play sports and always be on some sort of team - soccer, tennis, volleyball were my favorites. There's something about everyone coming together under common goals. Values of the group are spawned from such experiences and I find there to be a great lesson in co-operation. You have to learn how to play well with others, always supporting your team with positive reinforcement and encouragement. There's no place for pointing out the inadequacies of the individual or the group. There's only building on strengths and creating a winning confidence. You can rely on your teammates to have your back and to pick you up if you fall down. I've translated this team mentality into all group activities in my life. When I was a pharmaceutical manager, I did my best to foster the kind of team that takes pride in doing their very best every day and understands that helping each other is best for everyone. Along the lines of "the whole is greater than the sum of its parts". And now in my current team of four, I feel the same holds true. I'm looking forward to the meeting today because while I'm persevering and trying to accomplish a hefty task at hand, the support from my team has become my touchstone, my accountability, and my infrastructure. Each woman brings to the table her unique vibrancy and perspective. I am better and my process is better for it. I think one of the reasons I want to start a company some day is because I want to create a team environment. I know what astounding results can take place in a business setting under the circumstances of genuine caring, specifically stated values, and support.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment