Vision

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

One day I'd like to start my own company.  I've felt that all the corporations I've worked for in the past were more policy driven than people driven.  I want to start a company that has very clear values and walks the talk.  I believe that values-driven companies do perform better in the long run.  I believe these values-driven companies make for happy employees and happy employees make for successful companies.  Jim Collins' book, Built to Last, substantiates this theory with a compelling case.  I've decided that in order for me to create this type of organization, it's imperative that I am quite clear on what my values are and can state them unwaveringly...in addition to living them on a daily basis.  For example, I loved this statement on the quality of generosity from the book The Power of Full Engagement, "I demonstrate the value of generosity by investing energy in others, without expectation that I will receive anything in return, and by my willingness to put the agendas of those I care about ahead of my own, even if it means inconveniencing myself at times."  Generosity is a quality I find lacking in my character and it's something I'd like to cultivate very much.  When I think about who I am at my very best, some of the other qualities that arise include unconditional loving of others and myself, inner peace, confidence, passion, inspirational to others, service to others, authenticity, integrity, virtuous, commitment, and excellence.  There are more of course, but these resonate the most for me right now.  I've read in several books that creating a vision statement is integral to grounding myself in my values and helping to co-create the life I envision.  So here are some of the statements I'm starting with and will work with over time.  Hopefully they will help translate to me starting the kind of company that helps change the quality of people's lives including the customers, the employees, and beyond.    

I reside in inner peace knowing that I am part of a greater whole that supports me in all my endeavors.  
I commit to things after careful cross-referencing to my values and I do what I commit to.  
I appreciate myself and others for exactly who they are and give generously from a place of loving and sincerity.    
I make decisions from a place of loving in my heart.
I joyfully engage in service-oriented projects that benefit others in need.
I express my authenticity and passions with confidence, inspiring others to follow my lead.
I am unwavering in my commitment to living a virtuous life.
I strive for excellence in everything I do.  

Okay, good start I'd say.  Just writing these out makes me feel inspired to live my day to the fullest.  I'm in so much gratitude for this opportunity to co-create a life of meaning and purpose.   

0 comments:

Post a Comment